Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 40 - Normalcy?

So forty days have passed since surgery. Whenever I remember those first two weeks I'm amazed hat a person can do. I am so incredibly thankful to have has this chance. I still can't believe that after thinking I wouldn't even get the surgery I'm now forty days out.

Swelling is still going down bit by bit, but at this point the changes are so more gradual and harder to notice. Eating is a bit of a challenge, too. I can't open my mouth large enough to fit a knuckle so I'm still on a mushy/liquid diet. When I do eat "real" food and mince it up vary small. Physical therapy starts in a week to help me improve mobility.

All in all I'm slowly finding some sense of normal. I'm not quite to what I was pre surgery but I'm certainly a long way away from 5 days post op. I'm feeling really good about everything today.

I'm still having problems posting pics. I promise I'll fix this asap, as it is I had to do this update via mobile phone, hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment