Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 12 - Taking the Scenic Route

Today was quite the adventure. My father knows that I've been going somewhat stir crazy so he decided we should just hop in the car and go. We drove towards Massachusetts and even made it about 10 minutes into that state. Somehow, we even ended up in Copake at Dad's diner just like our last leisurely drive. I treated the two of us to malts and they were delicious! So today's pics are from my adventure :)

Now to all the fun jaw stuff.

My left side has been a bit achy and sore for the past 24 hours so I caved and took the lortab. It didn't make me see anything nasty this time, and, surprise surprise, really helped with the pain.

Nose dripping has pretty much disappeared as has drooling (so long as I pay attention!). My skin problems, however, are not disappearing, and I've gone back to using some of my prescription topicals to see if they will help at all.

Eating has become pretty easy and routine. I start my day with a chocolate Carnation breakfast with a scoop of whey protein mixed in. Lunch time I have another Carnation, Ensure, Special K, or Atkins drink or a blended soup. Chicken noodle blends nicely and I love the broth from some of the beef soups. Dinner is almost always pureed chicken. It seems to blend the best and taste the best. If I add hot sauce it's almost like drinking a buffalo wing. I'm really really craving pizza and macaroni and cheese. Does anyone have experience with these? How do they taste? How do you blenderize them?

There are also two things that have been worrying me. My nose and my lower lip. My nose seems MUCH wider at the base when you look at me head-on. Even my mother agrees. As for my bottom lip, it droops showing my bottom teeth like I'm some sort of bull dog. Do any of you out in blog land know whether or not these things will change back to normal? I'm really freaked out and very sad about it.

That pretty much covers it for today. I'm going to include some pics from my drive today.








2 comments:

  1. Your bottom lip is still really swollen, so I really would try to not worry about any of the final appearance things yet. My lip was huge and I looked like a duck for WEEKS. Obviously that is not the way I look now. I know it's hard to be patient, but really, swelling does a number to your face and it will settle and you won't have a 'bulldog' face. As for the wider nose, I am not sure that will change too much. My nose widened a bit after surgery due to the upper impaction, and even with alar stitches ( the ones that go on each side of your nose ) I think there is always going to be a chance of your nose widening. It may be more so due to swelling, but I am not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Dani! Too early to tell. My lips did some really ugly things the first month or so.

    I blended macaroni and cheese! Not pizza but lasagna! I just threw them into the blender with just enough chicke broth so they'd blend. Kinda kept it slightly chunky so it wasn't too baby food like. Delicious! Those were two of my fav quick meals. I also got some organic frozen enchilladas and would heat them, and then throw in the blender with a little chicken broth. Yum!

    ReplyDelete