Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 39 - Getting Used to It...Again PICS

Hi there! It has now been 39 days of recovery. For the most part, things continue to improve.

 I'm definitely less swollen than yesterday, but still a bit sore. I've just been talking a lot between catching up with old friends and meeting new people. I had a few nerve pinches again today, though nothing unbearable. Other than that fatigue and soreness in my joint from talking, there isn't anymore pain. I think at this point the bones have healed enough where they wont hurt anymore, so that's definitely still good.

Even though I know that I'm healing I still worry and baby my face a bit. Sleeping in certain positions still makes me scared that I'm going to break something loose. If I bite down hard there's a slight crunching sound. Nothing seems out of place in my photos, so it can't be movement, though it's still a really disconcerting sound. I don't rest my hand on my chin. Like I said, I baby my face. I'm just so scare to mess things up after coming so far!

Today was interesting, because even though I've come a long way, I haven't been without my family since surgery. I'm taking care of all meals and worried moments without them. It isn't like I can't handle it, but it definitely adds a new dynamic to this whole healing thing. I guess I'm just a bit anxious. The good news is that my mother and surgeon are just a phone call away if I need them.

Other than that things are really good. I'm back with friends, and I haven't had a chance to be bored, which is nice after a long summer.

I still haven't fixed my internet issue, so I will post today's pictures as soon as I get my computer up and running. Be well!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment