Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 22 - The Waiting Game

My goodness! I can't believe it. I'm pretty sure there was a rather miserable post of mine where I stated that day 22 seemed like forever. Well, it's day 22, and I've made it this far. Yay!!!

I haven't got much to post since I really slept the day away. Last night I went to bed at 11 and I didn't wake up until about 1 this afternoon. That's a lot of sleep, but I guess I needed it because I feel much better  mentally than I have in the past couple of days.

My surgeon prescribed muscle relaxers so I don't clench at night, and they really have helped.

The only thing worth mentioning is that I woke up this morning and noticed some of the surface feeling in my cheeks is coming back a little bit. It feels raw and sun burnt. It isn't really, but I suppose after being 100% numb for this long, 95% numb with 5% sensation feels close to ouch. I'm not complaining though because it mean my nerves are alive and well :)

I hope the rest of you are doing well. Brent and Catherine, at this stage the idea of day 22 seemed depressingly far away. I wanted to curl up and disappear, thinking I couldn't do it, but here I am now. You CAN do this, I promise. And when you hit day 22 you won't believe how fast the time has gone. Be well and keep yourself in good spirits as often as you can!




Starting to get my smile back :)

4 comments:

  1. Nora looking good!! I think of all people I've seen photos of post-op, you have looked the least swollen, by far. That's pretty cool. Do you recall on what day count you started venturing out in public? Also, when did you notice you had regained most of your energy (like as in enough to go to work or school all day - if that's even happened)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surgery was on a Thursday and the following Wednesday I went to the mall, so that would be day six. The day that I first felt I could be kind of normal energy-wise was day 12 or 13 I think, certaibly by day 16 when I was walking around the Renaissance Fair with energy just like before surgery.
    As for swelling I'm quite surprised too at how quickly it all went down. Especially considering 13.5 hours of surgery that left me so swollen they had me on a breathing tube and ventilator in a propofol coma for 2 days.
    Strange as it sounds I really have been blessed in my recover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. recovery* I really need to check before I post, hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nora...You are looking GREAT! Your smile is too cute.....love it. It's funny that we are only 1 day apart in our recovery, but yours seems to be going faster than mine...Lol.

    ReplyDelete