Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 26 - For You

Well, day 26 has come and gone, and my recovery continues on in it's lazy way. I have no pain, only mild soreness every once in a while. Swelling still persists but it's loads better in comparison to when I got out of the hospital. Bed sores are healing up and cause me no pain. All in all my life is going back to normal.

I just want to take the time to say thank you to everyone. "Thank you" feels so inadequate a phrase to express my gratitude. All of you here on blogger have been fantastic. From pre-surgery jitters and curiosity to post-surgery first week hell, you have all been there. You come with kind words, reassurance, and genuine excitement for those of us at each and every stage of this journey. You guys are incredible. Seriously, I would have been such a wreck without all of you, after all how would I know what was "normal" and what was not? So thank you, thank you, and thank you some more.

Brent and Catherine, I hope you continue to improve. The worst is behind you now, it just gets better from here.
Cece, it's so good to see that things are improving on your end. I can only hope that things continue to get better and better with each day. Hang in there!

Aaaand pictures of me in all my puffy glory!




3 comments:

  1. Nora,

    You are looking great! Glad to hear that your life is getting back to normal. It gives the rest of us hope that we will make it there eventually too! I lo e reading your blog.. It helped me prepare and now is helping me get through this long recovery.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to say " I 'love' reading your blog "
    Sorry I should proofread before posting..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....Thanks, Nora. Best wishes to you in your recovery. You are looking better by the day!

    ReplyDelete