Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 34 - A Day at the Fair

Hello all! Today is day 34 of my recovery and I've hit a little bump.

Last night I yawned and something in my right TMJ clicked and now I can't open as wide as I could since I've been unwired. Dr A said that it could either be the joint settling or a bone moving out of place (this is the joint that broke during surgery). It didn't hurt when it happened, nor does it hurt now, but it is mildly concerning. Dr A said he'll see whatever it is in the x-rays during tomorrow's appointment. Keep your fingers crossed that it's nothing bad. I'll also have him check out that bump I was talking about. I still think it's just a hematoma, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Strange pops and limited mobility aside, today has been good. My skin is starting to be a bit less oily and no new blemishes have appeared. So now I just have to completely fix the oil problem and wait for the other blemishes to get lost. Swelling is down a bit more I think, too.

I even got to spend the day at the county fair. My family has gone every year since I was very little, so I look forward to it each summer. It was a day filled with lemonade, ice cream and people watching. Somehow I managed to eat some french fries, though it made my jaw a bit sore from trying to open my mouth repeatedly. My sister and I got to share some maple candy, too, which we absolutely love. All in all it was a great day with the family. My feet are sore and my mouth is tired, but I'm happy all the same.





No comments:

Post a Comment