Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 15 - Loose Wires and Cowboys & Aliens

Today was quite uneventful on the recovery front. I got much better sleep last night than the night before and had no spasms. Thank goodness!

I have growing concerns with my bite. I feel that things are shifting ever so slightly to the left. I think this is because my wires have loosened somewhat since surgery. I texted Dr A about it and he said that it was no problem at all if I come in on Monday and have him tighten things up. Yay! I have some "play" in my bite in that I can move it front to back and side to side a teensy bit. I can see the movement in the mirror and hear my teeth squeaking past one another, so I know it's not in my head. Hopefully the tightening helps this.

Also, did anyone notice that their bottom teeth felt funny after surgery? Almost like when I had loose teeth as a kid. It doesn't hurt at all, but it is disconcerting.

My mother has been trying her best to keep me from going crazy from the boredom, and so tonight we went to the movies. I got to see Daniel Craig run around in Cowboys & Aliens...yummy. Hahaha. The movie was tons of fun and really entertaining, so all in all a good night for me. I even got to drink soda with a straw like a normal person!

My first attempt at a toothy smile :)



  
Check out my crazy hardware. All those stringy things are stitches finally dissolving

3 comments:

  1. Nora, thanks for posting this! You look great! It's interesting to see how they wired your jaw without braces. Your teeth look fairly straight already, so hopefully you won't need braces for too long later on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow I really wish I had this option, braces are a pain

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not all that ideal. I have four screws that are coming directly out of my gums. The wires are wrapped around these. Those screws need to come out somehow...

    ReplyDelete