Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 32 - Home

Well it's day 32 and I'm back from my brief vacation. My only regret is that it had to end.

My parents and I made our way home, stopping for a couple hours to see Fort Ticonderoga. It was really really cool, and, being a history geek, I found the museum and reconstructed barracks fascinating. After that it was back into the car and off home.

Home came all too soon, and a lovely trip came to a close. But, while the trip is over, my physical healing continues. I'm sore again today, particularly in my left TM joint. I hope it's just muscle pain and not joint problems. Dr A told me that as my right joint is now out of place, I will rely on the left. I'm worried that my normally for-the-most-part-pain-free left joint will now have to compensate too much and get as bad as the right. I'll see what Dr A says about this on Thursday.


Swelling and numbness are unchanged from yesterday, but the bump on my right side that I believe to be a hematoma is a bit smaller, so it seems the warm packs are making a difference. My skin is still awful. The pictures don't show it because I wash my face and put on moisturizer before most of my pics. This is good in that I don't have totally gag-worthy pics of me floating around the interwebs, but bad in that I'm not showing you guys the truth of the matter. Oh well, vanity is what it is, and I do want to maintain what is left of my dignity, lol.


I hope you are all doing really well and enjoying yourselves.

Blogger is being a butt and not letting me post pics. I'll try to get them up as soon as I can :)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear your TMJ is bothering you so much. I hope things go well for you on Thursday. Bummer that your vacation had to end but it is so good that you were able to get away for a while!

    ReplyDelete