Sunday, August 14, 2011

Day 24 - Meh

Today was once again quite uneventful in terms of recovery. There are no changes good or bad as far as I can see.

Right now my biggest complaint is my skin. It's horribly oily, no matter what I do, and I have acne all over my neck and shoulders. It's driving me bonkers. I'm one of those people that picks and pokes and I really don't want more scars than I already have. Does anyone have suggestions of what helped them with this problem post surgery? It's driving me quite batty.

Other than the skin issues I'm doing well. Mild soreness every so often, but nothing that motrin can't handle.

I even went out with my parents to look at cars today, which was surprising considering I didn't think I'd have a car for at least another year. Test driving was fun considering I used to just be the passenger while my parents would test the cars.

I'll take pics and post them after my shower. Be well, everyone!



2 comments:

  1. Uneventful is good! I hear most people have probs with their skin posr-op, but strangely my normally oily self did not. I would use an anti-fighting basic cleanser and follow with a non-geasy moisturizer like the acne one from Clean & Clear. I also used those Oil of Olay wet wipes to clean my sore face throughout the day. Cool news about possibly getting a car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nora -
    My face is oily too, I think it is from the anesthesia. I have read in many blogs this happens - being a dude, I just use normal soap and a wash cloth...
    Have a wonderful day!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete