Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 29 - Three Musketeers

Day 29 is definitely a step up from day 28. I stopped by Dr A's about my bite concerns. His residents were there to help me. I confess to getting frustrated with them.

I was trying so hard to tell them what was wrong, like with my mid-line now being to the right, and they just kept staring at my bite like I'm crazy. I'm not unintelligent; I've been staring at this bite since I could get a hold of a mirror. I know it both looked and felt different. After a break where they went off to call Dr A, we managed to work through the issues and reconfigured my bands. I had four in a rather standard configuration yesterday, and I was fighting against the bands to get back into my new bite. Now I have 6 in a really bizarre configuration that guide my bite where it should be when I relax. It's still way different from surgery, but not so different that I feel uncomfortable dealing with it until I see Dr A in one week.

Dr A also prescribed a daytime muscle relaxer to help my jaw relax some of the muscle tension that's causing trouble with my new bite. So now I'm taking parafon forte during the day and flexiril at night. Same muscle relaxing combo that I had last summer when I first started seeing a surgeon about my jaw concerns.

The best part of today was getting back together with my two very close friends from college. A and M joined me today, and the Three Musketeers got to have some adventures again for the first time in months. It was great. They were excited about my surgery yet also provided a beautiful distraction from thinking about it all the time. Definitely a good day in the end. Sometimes, the best remedy (even for a broken face) is quality time with good friends.

Pictures!






2 comments:

  1. Nora!

    You are looking so pretty! I think your hair is so cute pulled back. Your face has no visible swelling, which is AWESOME!! I'm glad that you were prescribed something that will help you resolve your bite issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cece, I'm feeling a lot better about my physical appearance lately. I know that there's still quite a bit of swelling, but it's to the point where others would only know if they knew I had the surgery. Public appearances are less stressful. As for my bite, the new band configuration and prescription are really helping. :)

    ReplyDelete