Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day 16 - Adjustments and Renaissance Faires

Hello fellow jaw bloggers! Again, sorry for the uneventful posts, but there isn't terribly much to talk about at this point.

I don't know if I've mentioned it on this blog, but for the past week or so I've been feeling as though my wires are too loose. The worry finally got to me and I told Dr A. He said that I could come in monday for tightening, but if it really bothered me that I could come in over the weekend. Well, sure enough it bothered me. After nearly 14 hours of surgery I was panicking and feeling down about how wrong my bite felt. It felt like I wasn't lined up like I was immediately post-op. We texted Dr A and he had another Dr open up the clinic for me. The other Dr is one of the residents that was helping with my surgery. He tightened up my wires in about 40 seconds and gave me an Rx for muscle relaxers. Dr A thinks I may be clenching my teeth in my sleep, so this should help. The tightening really helped things feel loads better and I feel safer and more secure. Whew!






I also realized that I never gave you guys an update on that "spitting" stitch of mine. During my appointment last Thursday Dr clipped it flush with the surface of my skin and assured me that it actually is a disintegrating stitch and will fix itself in time.


And speaking of stitches, the ones in my mouth are starting to come out. Every time I rinse, I end up spitting another one or two out into the sink. This thrills me as it means I'm healing up well. Yay!!

In yet another attempt to curb some of my boredom, mom and I decided to go to the opening day at the New York Renaissance Faire. It was so much fun! We saw the joust and then walked around the shops. I tried on some really gorgeous dresses and bodices, and let me tell you I was hard pressed not to drop all of my money on them. In the end I bought myself a little dragon sculpture from an artist whose shop I've been visiting for years but never purchased anything from. Mom bought me a little dragon shoulder puppet and a stone incense bottle. I also got 48 sticks of incense. The best part was the rain. The faire really is at its best in the rain. Those who really want to be there stay, and the employees come to life. When anyone asked why my jaw was wired shut I just explained that I was being punished for speaking ill of the Queen. It was just too much fun, and I was sad to leave. I should've gotten my pics there, but honestly it completely slipped my mind. I'll take my update pics there when I go back in a couple weeks :)

I hope the rest of you are enjoying these summer days, too.

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loved seeing the stitches come out when I spit in the sink! It was so exciting to me because it was yet another physical sign of HEALING! Congratulations girl! You're well on your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's good to know I'm not the only one to get excited about such a bizarre thing!

    ReplyDelete