Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 33 - Is it just me, or is the world moving?

So day 33 has been interesting. My mother, father, and I went to pick up my sister from the airport. She's been away in Russia for the past 6 weeks. After picking her up we decided to stop in Queens for some pizza. While sitting at the table, both my sister and I felt a strange shake: almost like floating on pudding, for lack of a better description. We just thought it was the table being unbalanced (we were leaning our elbows on it). Part of me though "wouldn't it be funny if that was an earthquake?"

Well....it was. Let me tell you, only in NY can an earthquake occur and people will continue to eat their pizza like nothing is wrong. One of the pizza guys even said something along the lines of "Hey, I can't help it, there was an earthquake" in a strong NY accent, as if he were somehow to blame. My father didn't even notice. It turns out there was a 5.9 in Virginia that was felt from Raleigh NC to NY. Leave it to my sister, who is notorious for bringing natural disaster, to come home from Russia and have an earthquake show up 40 minutes later. Thankfully there seems to be no report of damage or fatality in VA.

That was honestly the only thing worth mentioning today as my jaw remains unchanged. Nothing new either good or bad. I hope the rest of you have had a good day and are safe and sound.

I'll post pics later, as blogger is once again being difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment