Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 17 - Independence

Hi there! In the world of post-surgery recovery, today was as good a day as I could have hoped for. I must be doing loads better, because my parents felt ok leaving me alone for a long stretch of time. This is the first time that I've been without someone in the house for more than an hour since surgery. I think I did very well - I even got started on some chores. A bit of laundry and tidying my room. It's amazing how messy it gets when you just don't have the energy to keep up with it.

Then I went out of the house on my own! My friend, E, that I mentioned in an earlier post, has not yet seen the final Harry Potter movie. Well, that just won't do! We decided we'd go see it together, so I drove out and met her at work, and then we went up to the mall to see the movie. E loved it, and it was just as awesome for me the second time around. There were even some cute stray kittens outside the theater to gush over. A very successful day indeed!

Swelling is going down significantly, and I'm starting to see a bit of what I may look like when this is all over. I'm not dropping pounds so quickly, and eating is getting easier by the day. I even had pizza today! Maybe in the future it will taste like poo, but right now, my mother and I are proud of our strange accomplishment.

I think I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of this bizarre tunnel, and it couldn't be brighter.



6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're recovering well and are starting to see the benefits of your surgery. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Nora! I'm glad you're able to get out and have some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking great!! Yay for the Harry Potter movie!! I love it! I take it you are a potter-head as well, glad to see things get better and easier to go out and about I can't wait to get there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nora you're looking awesome! So glad you are having such a great recovery process! Keep up the good spirits! the hard part is over :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your post is very motivating. You look great!! can't wait to have the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of you are so supportive and kind! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. :) Freedom is sweet indeed

    ReplyDelete