Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 20 - Hmm...

As I said in my last post, everything seems to have come to a standstill. I know that physically I am healing, but it's painfully slow going. The changes are so subtle that it's hard to pick up on them at this point.

One thing I have noticed is that my right side has gone down in swelling a bit, which is nice, though now that the swelling is coming down, I'm noticing little things that worry me.

I feel like when I "smile" I show more gum on the right hand side. Also, the little indent between  my nose and upper lip is curving to the right and when I look down, the right side of my chin juts out more. I'm beginning to worry about whether or not I've caused these things by sleeping on my right side. The past few nights I've been sleeping on my back, but as I'm naturally a side sleeper, I kept rolling onto my right from the monday night following surgery until about 2 nights ago.

The good news is that I have my three week appointment with Dr A tomorrow. He'll be taking x-rays to make sure everything is still in place/healing up nicely. Due to some of my concerns, though, I've been instructed not to eat or drink past 7 am tomorrow in case he has to sedate me. I'm keeping my figers crossed that all of the wonkiness is from swelling and not something like a shift in bones or improper healing. Wish me luck!

Cece, I hope your healing process is going well, you deserve it! Brent and Catherine, I know right now is tough, but I promise it gets easier before you know it. Be well!






4 comments:

  1. Nora,

    Thank you for the kind words!

    You look so pretty. The issues that you are describing are not noticeable to the casual observer, but I don't want you to feel like I'm brushing it off. Just wanted you to know that you really do look awesome! I'll keep my fingers crossed that your visit with the OS will ease your mind...

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cece, these things are definitely not noticeable from your photos. Recently I've started noticing loads of new 'imperfections' about my jaw/chin/teeth/mouth, but I know they've always been there but I've just never noticed it before because I've never analysed my face before. You probably had little things like that before surgery but you would never have noticed, whereas now you're scrutinising your face everyday, so you're bound to pick up on every tiny imperfection. You honestly great. I hope your appointment goes well and you get some reassurance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you really are looking fantastic! Your swelling had gone down quite a bit and you can clearly see your new profile, it's amazing and very nicely balanced. You had a very similar before profile to myself and I think your results closely match mine. You look great, it's such a surreal thing to finally have a chin and a less convex profile. You should be happy because you look great for day 20...
    Best of luck with the appointment, I hope the x-rays don't reveal any bad news.
    p.s Do you lips come together naturally now, or are you forcing them slightly? That's amazing if they do meet already :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies for your sweet and comforting words. The things I mention are all inside my mouth or when I look from the top down (tilting my head forward in a mirror),so they don't really show up at all in the photos. I met and spoke with Dr A, so I'll update you on that in this.

    Rihanna, I do see the similarities between the two of us. It's quite fun! And I do have to force my lips together, but not as much as I had to a couple days ago. Hopefully everything heals up well in the end.

    ReplyDelete