Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 18 - A Little Nervous

Ok so right now I'm a little nervous. Last night as I was trying to fall asleep I was laying on my right side. At one point my jaw kinda "jumped" and I heard a crunching sound. My bite feels tighter today and it feels like my my bottom teeth are knocking harder against my eye tooth. It may of course all be in my head, but I'm a little nervous. I hope I didn't mess anything up. X-rays are on thursday, so we'll see. I feel like my face is just so fragile right now and I'm afraid of every little bump and movement messing something up.

Other than that, there isn't much to report. The swelling in my lips is pretty much entirely gone, but I'm still having some issues with my bottom lip drooping and showing my lower teeth. Numbness continues and has not dissipated at all. Every once in a while I feel some soreness or achy-ness, but if that's the worst in terms of pain, then I'm ok with that.

I guess I was feeling brave today because I went to the mall today with my friend, B. I ran into a couple people I haven't seen in over a year or more. One didn't even recognize me. Another knew it was me and at first didn't notice just how "messed up" my face was. I even met someone new in this state. I won't lie, I was really self conscious, but I know it needs to happen eventually. It was fun, though.

Here are my pics for today :)




4 comments:

  1. Hi Nora, I just compared your photos from this post with your before photos because I've started to forget what your old face looked like! But the difference is just amazing! Your new face looks so normal now that it seems weird to think you ever looked any different, but comparing the pictures really shows what an amazing change it has made to your face. I really hope I get such good results. Hope everything's ok with the 'crunching' sound. Hopefully your x-rays will reveal that everything is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, this comment made me feel so good. I've been a bit down sometimes, but last night was the first night I looked in the mirror and said to myself "I feel beautiful." This surgery is really an interesting journey. It isn't easy, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
    I know what you mean about it being "weird to think you ever looked any different." I feel like the "old" me is a strange dream. Like I'm seeing what I really am for the first time. It's fascinating, terrifying, and exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Sarah! You look great and not at all like you arw recovering from facial surgery! I bet all will be ok with your xrays since you are beyond 3 weeks. I started sleeping on my face after a week. Still mention it on thursday though!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad my comment helped :) It must be so hard getting used to a new face, but I'm glad you're starting to see that your new face is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete