Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 37 - Stuck

Yay for day 37! No, there isn't anything particularly special about it, but hey why not be excited anyway? In my recovery today hasn't been anything remarkable, but it wasn't bad either. Swelling is going  down more and more, and I even got to eat steak today. I just cut it up into super teensy pieces and I was able to eat it like that. My first non-blenderized steak since the night before my surgery!

Everything is really on the mend. With the help of the Proactiv I just bought, my skin is really improving, and I've had no new breakouts. My heels are no longer raw, but healing over nicely. The bedsore on my tailbone is 100% healed, though it has left a rather ugly scar. The sore on my forehead is also healed, but left a scar, too. Numbness is dissipating and I have 90% surface sensation ins most of my face except for my chin and upper lip and parts of my nose. I can also open my mouth a bit wider, however I still cant even fit on knuckle. So basically, long story short, I'm getting better and better by the day.

In terms of "real world" stuff today was a bit of a bummer. I was supposed to move into school this morning, but with Irene coming, mom was not too keen on that. So I'll be moving in on Monday instead. I'm not exactly thrilled with this, but there isn't much I can do, so no point in complaining. Speaking of the hurricane I'm still safe and sound. We haven't even had really heavy rain yet. Power is still on and wind isn't howling. So right now I just feel like I missed the first weekend back for nothing. But, hey, I'd rather be safe and bored than partying with friends when a hurricane hits.

All of you stay safe and dry!!! :)



still quite puffy on the right side

No comments:

Post a Comment