Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Day 19 - Time

The time seems to be flying by now. I return to School is in 19 days, so it's midway between surgery and that. I just can't believe how quickly this time has gone. There was so much anticipation/excitement/nerves about this surgery for over a year. It was all that I thought about and I just couldn't wait. Now that surgery's gone it's like time has stopped, everything is just one really long day. One minute the anticipation is there, and the next it's gone. It's a very strange sensation to go from so much anticipation to this strange waiting game that is recovery.

Not much to update you wonderful bloggers on other than the fact that I've been needing to use dental wax. The "braces" they put me in are generally not a problem, but the prong smack in the middle is bent out, and is cutting horribly into my lower lip. It's fine with the wax though.

I'm still quite numb from my eyes down, but I'm beginning to get used to it. And my skin is finally improving! The Rx acne stuff I have is starting to kick in and  the breakouts are shrinking. My skin is still oily as all get out, but hey, it's better than those yucky bumps. All of the dry patches have disappeared as well.

I'm sorry for the boring and depressing post, but I just can't seem to find the happy today. I took pics but I'll add them to this post tomorrow.

P.S. Congrats Brent and Catherine! Welcome to this side. I promise it gets easier as the days go by :)



No comments:

Post a Comment