Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 27 - Limbo

Ah, day 27. Seems like a good number, no? At any rate today was good. Lazy, but good. That stupid spitting stitch finally came out of my face, and what I believe to be the only stitch left in my mouth came out as well. So as far as I know I'm no longer all sewn up. I'm quite please, particularly because that spitting stitch was getting on my nerves.

The other thing getting on my nerves - my skin. It is SO BAD. Seriously, my acne has never been this bad. The prescription stuff doesn't seem to be doing the trick, so I took the initiative and ordered Proactiv. They have that nice money back thing going for them, so if it fails at least I'm not out a huge sum of money. But really, this is not how I imagined returning to college. Between the swelling and the skin issues, meeting new people seems rather intimidating.

Speaking of swelling, it's gone down even more since yesterday. And I think my nose is less bulbous, though it could all be in my little head.

Today was pretty lazy, I woke up around 1pm and got ready for the day (heh, what's left of it at least). Dad and I looked at more cars, but nothing really jumped out at me. I also decided to finally start cleaning my room up. It's like WWIII in here.

Tomorrow marks 4 weeks since surgery and I have an appointment with Dr A. He said that I might, and I stress the might part, get unwired. If I do I'll be put in rubber bands. I have no clue whether I'll be banded shut, like with the wires, or banded just to guide my bite so that I can start eating something other than purely liquid foods. Either way I'll manage as I have, but frankly I'm not going to get my hopes up. It will only make me miserable if the wires end up staying. I'll let all of you know tomorrow when I get back.

I hope everyone else is doing a-ok!







3 comments:

  1. Nora, your swelling IS down from yesterday...Wow. And you are looking so good these days! Really pretty. Can't wait to hear your update tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Cece, your swelling has gone down noticeably. You look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nora, you look absolutely beautiful! I can't tell in your photos about your skin. I hope that gets better before you return to school. Wishing you the best for your appointment!

    ReplyDelete