Monday, August 15, 2011

Day 25 - Little Ray of Sunshine

Holy moly! It's day 25! How on earth is this possible? It feels like surgery was just last week, yet at the same time it feels like it's been years. Time is strange that way.

Swelling continues to go down, and my cheekbones are starting to reappear - hooray! My weight has stabilized around 106 and is no longer dropping. Pain is nonexistent. Alright I lied, there's pain, but not from the surgery. I have a little cut on the tip of my tongue. I have a permanent retainer and a cement edge + not being able to brush = a sharp razor in my mouth. Funny, my face is broken in a gazillion places but the pain is from a cut on my tongue. Oh well...that's life.

I had a minor melt down today. I just looked in the mirror and saw my yucky nasty skin and puffy face and started to cry. It lasted all of 15 seconds, after which I washed my face and applied makeup. Wow, what a transformation. Who knew that the post surgery skin yuck was hiding the emergence of new beauty. I can honestly say that tonight I looked in the mirror and felt beautiful. This is the second time since surgery I've felt this, and it's like a burst of sunshine in the post surgery storm. I'm starting to see glimpses of what may be. There's a beautiful girl under all the swelling and oiliness, and I can't wait to see her and say, "Welcome back Nora, I've missed you." I know it's beyond corny, but there you have it.

And while the metaphorical storm is subsiding, the real storms are getting worse. We have had SO much rain here. I haven't seen sheets of water like this since I was a little kid. It really is an awesome sight. I want to go and dance in the rain and jump in puddles :)









4 comments:

  1. Hi Nora!
    Wow, day 25...time does fly!

    I think you look great and I am glad that you see the beauty in you!

    Have a wonderful evening and enjoy the rain!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nora, I know how you are feeling! It is a rollercoaster ride for sure! You look beautiful now and will only continue to look more and more beautiful as the days pass on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are so beautiful. So happy for you. It must be such a nice thing waking up and feeling that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each and every one of you here in jaw blog land have been fantastic. Your kind words and reassurances are really what have helped me get to where I am now. Thank you, a million times thank you..

    ReplyDelete