Friday, October 28, 2011

Day 99 - TGIF and Cold = Ow?

Hi everyone. It's day 99 - the last double digits in counting my recovery. Neat-o!


Once again I had physical therapy, and things are really improving. My neck and shoulder muscles aren't so knotted, and I'm getting back some flexibility. This will allow my jaw muscles to relax properly and hold my jaw where in the best position. As for range of motion I think the last time we measured I was at 30mm. We didn't do mobilization today though, but she'll do that again on Monday. It really is amazing how helpful the physical therapy is.

Swelling is back to "normal" today, and I didn't have any soreness or fatigue...well at least not from healing or exercise.

Today presented a whole new issue though - the cold. The northeast is getting something of a freak snowstorm tomorrow, and the temperature is dropping. I noticed today that being outside made my face hurt, but it was fine once I got warm again. I'd heard about sore joints or pain in old injuries during cold and bad weather, but to be honest I totally forgot about that possibility until now. Hopefully it gets better over time. Do any of you have suggestions? I really don't want to spend my winter trips to the mountain dealing with pain when I should be having fun!

Other than that I didn't have any problems today, and I felt really well over all. :)

Be well, everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment