Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 88 - Physical Therapy

Hi there, everyone. Day 88 has passed me by all too quickly. Time is becoming a fast-moving blur now. How is it that it's been 88 days since my surgery when my memories of the hospital still seem so fresh?

Today I had my second physical therapy appointment, and already I've seen some improvement from it. When I open my mouth I still deviate to the left, just not as far. Hooray! I told the therapist about the swelling and she's told me to do all of the exercises (including some new ones) for my posturing and relaxation, but to avoid the jaw opening ones until I see Dr A. Until then I'm going to use heat or ice as needed to bring down the swelling. Other than that everything seems to be in order.

I'm still wearing my rubber bands, though to tell the truth I sometimes forget to put them back on after I eat. As soon as I remember, though, I put them on. If something were to be thrown off by something as silly as me not wearing my bands properly I'd be very frustrated, so I just save myself the trouble. Hopefully this will be my last week with the bands. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for having my screws removed on Friday.

Some of the swelling has gone down today, despite having the therapy appointment, which is good. That's not to say I'm not a bit puffy, but there is some improvement. Yay for improvement! Even this far out, it's hard to imagine how things are going to change over the next couple of months. At least it leaves me something to look forward to!

Hopefully all of you bloggers are doing well. You guys are great!



No comments:

Post a Comment