Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 95 - Mobilization

Hello everyone, day 95 is coming to a close and my jaw is tired. This is good though, because it means that I've finally gotten to work on mobilization in physical therapy!

My PT got into contact with Dr A, and he gave her the go ahead to start mobilizing my jaw, and told her that nothing she would do poses any risk of re-breaking or moving something. Let me just say that it's a bit scary at first. Mobilizing involves the therapist putting her thumbs in my mouth and physically trying to open my jaws wider. Having spent so much time making sure nothing hits my face, physical force is a bit nerve-wracking; though after the first couple stretches I relaxed and got used to it. My joints are very tight so it wasn't painless, but it definitely wasn't anything terrible. And if this is what needs to be done to get back my range of motion, that I'm not going to complain

Naturally I'm a bit swollen from all of the exercise, but I'm not in any pain. My jaws are more tired than anything else. Other than that there isn't much to report. This far out the bones are mostly healed and I'm just waiting for things to solidify, so there aren't many changes. I didn't notice a difference in terms of numbness, today either, but other than my chin and upper lip most of my face is well on the way to having almost full sensation.

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be quite nice, and I'm looking forward to enjoying a day outside. Cold weather is on the way so I'm taking advantage of the nice weather while I can.

Be well everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment