Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Day 82 - Physical Therapy

Hey everyone! It's day 82 now. I feel like today positively flew by.

There isn't anything new to share about my jaw. Things are mostly the same as yesterday. Though today did have it's excitement; I went to my first physical therapy appointment. To be honest I had no idea what to expect, so I was a little anxious about going. It was actually really interesting. The therapist and I spoke about the surgery, how well I can currently move my jaw, and my expectations in regards to mobility. She took some measurements and asked me to move my head and jaw multiple directions, asking where I felt pain or tension. After this initial evaluation she started showing me some exercises that I need to do each day in order to re-teach my jaw muscles to move the right way and allow them to open all the way. The appointment was really informative, and I'm curious to see how much all of this helps my range of motion back to the way it was before surgery.

My jaw is a little bit tired from all of the exercising, but there isn't any pain. Other than the physical therapy, today was rather uninteresting. Just another day in the life of a college student; class, studying, waiting on line in dining halls. I like the hustle and bustle of everything, it keeps me occupied and helps the time fly. :)


Until tomorrow, everyone, be well!



1 comment:

  1. You look wonderful!! I'm currently reading your blog from the start, I was really excited to meet someone else with TMJD!

    stay well,

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete