Friday, October 7, 2011

Day 78 - Happiness and Disappointment

Hello everyone! 78 days have gone by since my jaw surgery, which seems like a lifetime to be honest. It flies by, but then you look back and it all seems like it happened forever ago.

Today was a bit frustrating, and something of a bust. I was supposed to have my appointment with Dr A today. Having some questions and concerns (as per usual) I was looking forward to it, and it even meant a super early day filled with trains and travel. Unfortunately Dr A was stuck in the OR. One can hardly blame or be frustrated with a surgeon for doing his job, but I was still a little put out about not seeing him at all. I left the office after a couple hours with the same questions in my head and no new insight into what's going on. The only plus is that the resident decided to just take out the newer screw since it wasn't doing me any favors. No needles necessary and it didn't hurt a bit!

Though to add to my frustration is the fact that I have to wait another two weeks to see Dr A, making it a month since my last visit. That stretch of time does make me a bit nervous. I was also supposed to get the second of three shots in that one scar that's puckering up on me, and that didn't happen either. All in all I feel like today was pretty useless and I'm left feeling more than a little disappointed. Maybe I can try to get in to see Dr A this coming Friday so that there isn't such a gap between visits. I'm such a worry wart sometimes and I'd hate to ruin something this far out.

As for my jaw I'm starting to have pain in the left side along with the night time dislocation/cracking. The pain only happens if I open my mouth straight down rather than slightly to the left. I really hope it's nothing bad, but I just have to bite the bullet for the next couple of weeks until I can talk to Dr A. Swelling is unchanged as is numbness. All of the really exciting and dramatic changes are over now and it's a matter of waiting for little things. And those little things change very slooooooowly.

The only upshot of all of this is that it means I'm home where I can kick back and relax. I think tomorrow I'm going to take a walk across the  Hudson River on the new footpath that has been installed on the old bridge. Maybe we'll go apple and pumpkin picking, too. After all it is that time of year for hay rides, powdered donuts, pumpkin seeds and falling leaves; best to enjoy it while I can. :)

I hope the rest of you have had slightly more productive days than mine, lol. Be well!



No comments:

Post a Comment