Saturday, October 29, 2011

Day 100 - I Made it to Triple Digits!

I made it to day 100! It has been a full one hundred days since I had my face rearranged. Honestly that blows my mind. How on earth have a hundred days already gone by?! I could've sworn that it was only a week ago that I was sitting on my deck absorbing sunlight like a little plant while my face was completely numb. Now I'm sitting in a dorm room as snow hits the North East and writing a research paper. A lot can change in 100 days to say the least!

Soooo what's up in jaw land on day 100? Pretty much nothing. My jaw doesn't hurt, and feeling has made its way back into most of my face. Swelling goes down so slowly it's hard to track, and getting back mobility is my main concern. Sometimes life is almost totally back to normal, and others....not so much. This entire process has been a series of ups and downs, be it mood, swelling or pain.

Sadly, as exciting as the 100-day mark is, I haven't done much to celebrate. The weather is rather gross and I have 14 pages worth of essay to finish by Tuesday. Therefore, the entirety of today has been spent in an 8x11 room reading and researching, taking breaks only for the bathroom, food and to stretch my legs. Not exactly fun-filled, but hey, not every day can be all-around awesome. I'm content to just sit here and quietly celebrate the private victory of making it this far without losing my mind, hahaha.

On the plus side, my friend M is visiting for the week and since I'm the one with the air mattress, she'll be spending the night here. Let the girly fun commence! After I finish my paper that is. :)

Be well all, and keep warm if you're sitting in the middle of this weird snow storm!



No comments:

Post a Comment