Thursday, October 13, 2011

Day 84 - Much Better

Day 84 has gone by in a flash, and may I just say that I am exhausted! The swelling and tiredness of yesterday have decreased with the help of a warm compress. I feel much better now. :)Every day gets easier and easier. Each morning I wake up feeling more and more like the old me; I have energy and I want to just get out and move.

Right now that's the most frustrating part - I have the energy to go be really active again, but I'm still not quite to the point where I'm comfortable doing so. Take for example my longboard, the nice weather making a quick departure, and I want to go take advantage of these last weeks. The problem is that I'm scared of falling and hurting myself, and hits to the chin are not uncommon in the sport. Thankfully I have access to the gyms on my campus and there are a variety of fitness classes at no cost to students - opportunities that I plan to take advantage of.

I hope the rest of you are well. Until tomorrow!



3 comments:

  1. Nora, your smile looks amazing! You must be really happy with the result. Do you know how much they moved your chin in genioplasty? It looks really natural!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you! I'm very happy, and even the "worst" days are better than the one before my surgery. For my chin I had the option of an implant or genioplasty. Since I'm fond of my chin I opted for a genioplasty. My lower jaw was advanced 7mm and my chin was advanced another 4mm from that, for a total of 11mm from where it used to be. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete