Sunday, October 9, 2011

Day 80 - Back to the Brook

Well day 80 has come and gone, yet another day closer to full recovery. This morning found me eating pancakes in my kitchen and now I'm back in my dorm. This afternoon I got to walk the new Walkway Across the Hudson, which was cool. It was nice to see so many people up and walking with their families and pets rather than being glued to the tv or computer. I'll say it again - it's amazing what can happen in a day.

As for my jaw I don't have much to tell you. I've been bad with my rubber bands this weekend, though I haven't noticed any problems as a result of my less-than-perfect adherence to the band schedule. You can bet I'll be wearing them again as soon as I finish typing this up. This girl does not want to take chances with anything.  One thing I have noticed is that when I open wider than I can (when trying to improve mobility), my left joint hurts quite a bit. Hopefully this is due to stiffness and not some new joint problem to contend with. Only time will tell.

Now my weekend of fun and relaxation is over and it's back to the study grind. I've got yet another midterm coming up so I need to focus on that and study study study. It may be hard work, but in the end it really is very rewarding.

Be well, everyone, and keep on smiling! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment