Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 89 - Longboards and Exams

Hey everyone, it's day 89 of my recovery! Overall today was pretty good, though I did have a French speaking exam. It wasn't too bad, thankfully, but the written part is looming closer.

I don't have much to say about my jaw other than that the swelling is going down. I realized that after surgery I slept in a sitting position to decrease swelling, so I tried that again, and when I woke up I wasn't nearly as puffy as yesterday. More often than not, using one's brain can come in handy.

Yuck factor warning. My mouth has been tasting quite bad lately, so I took it upon myself to look inside. I need a cleaning! Having my mouth wired allowed some serious plaque to build up, and its sitting behind my bottom front teeth, trapped by a permanent retainer. Despite using a water pick and brushing twice a day, I guess I couldn't avoid buildup. Since I'm going home on Friday for another surgeon appointment, I will try to set up an appointment for the dentist. Gross!

And now for some good news: I rode my longboard! It has been 89 days since I got on a board, and I just couldn't hold back any more. Things were a little shaky at first, but after a while I loosened up and was able to ride. I'm still only going to cruise and go back and forth to class. Heaven forbid I was to fall doing something silly! Despite how tame the ride was, it was great to be back on my wheels. :) Yet more signs of life returning to normal.

Be well, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment