Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 91 - 13 Weeks and I'm Feeling Good

Hi there, everyone! Today, day 91, is precisely 13 weeks after my surgery. Let me tell you - the human body can do some incredible things in 13 weeks! Today seemed rather lazy and nice. I'd been worrying about an exam today and I woke up to find that the professor moved it to next Tuesday. To cap it all, both classes let out 30 minutes early and I got to longboard some more. I even went out with my sister (gasp)! Just a quick trip to the mall, but it was fun nonetheless. Yep, today was a breeze.

Jaw healing was pretty easy-peasy, too, today. No pain, limited pinchy nerves, and continued decrease in swelling. Things are, for the most part, better every day.

I still have a problem with that sticking and dimpling scar, as well as scar tissue in my mouth that may need cutting again. Of greater concern is the fact that I think my gums are receding. It may honestly just be that I'm in desperate  need of a cleaning, but I'll still mention it to Dr A. I have an appointment with him tomorrow, so he'll be able to answer all of my questions then. I have a funny feeling that another Kenalog injection is waiting for me (curse you stupid scar!).

Tomorrow I'll be heading on the train back into Manhattan to catch yet another train to the hospital for my appointment. Yet one more positive of this surgery - the necessitating of trips into Manhattan where I can explore and have fun. Perhaps if I get in early enough I can wander the Met. Hmm...time to go plan!

Be well everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment