Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 79 - Fall in the Country

Hi all! It's day 79 now, and what a nice day it has been. My parents and I went out two local autumn hot spots - the apple orchard and the pumpkin patch. It was a bit warm and we didn't have enough time to actually pick anything at either (we'll do that in a couple of weeks), but it was still fun. We had doughnuts and brownies then got lost in a corn maze. Autumn is like being a little kid again, I love it. Next time I come home I think we'll pick some pumpkins, carve jack o' lanterns and roast pumpkin seeds. I can't wait!

My jaw didn't do much today either good or bad, so I suppose no news is good news. As I said yesterday; things are changing so slowly now that it's very hard to notice. What I have noticed is that it's getting easier for me to smile more naturally. It still feels a little fake, but it's definitely improving. The little spot where the screw was has also closed up and there's no signs that it was ever even there to begin with save for a teensy, screw-shaped dent inside my upper lip. I was very surprised when I was told that the holes wouldn't need to be stitched up, but now I see what they meant. Our bodies can do some incredibly cool things!

I hope the rest of you get out and enjoy this beautiful time of year. Grab some cider or pick some pumpkins and enjoy it! Cheers!

This is my new friend, Mr Bunny





2 comments:

  1. Hi Nora!
    You are looking great! I am glad the the smiling for you is getting better...it is for me too! I hope the clicking in your jaw is temporary...jaw surgery brings up so many questions during the healing period, and it is frustrating when we can't get in to see the professionals to help us!

    I love the fall too, I am glad you were able to get out and enjoy a wonderful day!

    Cheers,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brent for your kind words, I'm glad to hear thing are getting easier for you, too. I think at this point the only thing we can do is wait for all of the tiny things to settle. The lack of excitement almost makes me miss my per-surgery jitters! haha

    Hope you are well,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete