Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 67 - A Productive Day

So it's now day 67! And day 67 has been a long one indeed. I've spent the entire day moving all of my things from one building to another and then setting up my new room. It literally took all day to do.

Right now I'm still waiting for my cut gum to heal. Until it does I'm going to wear the band in the old configuration, and then switch to the new one and add cushioning under the band. Hopefully that solves the problem.

My right is a bit sore when I try to open wide. I'm going to assume that this is because of the cut my surgeon had to make on Friday, but a tiny part of me worries that it's because either the scar tissue is re-sticking, or else I'll have to get more cut. Definitely keeping my fingers crossed for the first scenario!

Swelling is down even more. Oh! I also never mentioned my mini-milestone; I can whistle again! It was sort of an unconscious thing, but I just found myself able to whistle the other day for the first time since surgery. To add to the good things going on right now, I'm starting to figure out how to smile. It isn't quite there yet, but it is definitely improving.

I am one tired girl right now, but the new room is great and I'm feeling wonderful. :)

Please don't think I'm a zombie when you see my pics. Lighting is horrible and I had to use my webcam.




No comments:

Post a Comment