Friday, September 2, 2011

Day 43 - Just Chillin'

Ah, day 43. A nice lazy day - totally necessary after the whirlwind that is my return to school. I got to sleep in and really relax which allowed me time to recover some much needed energy. A few friend that are no longer in my university came back to visit this weekend, so I have once again worn myself out.

Swelling continues its strange seesawing up and down. One moment it's really down, and the next I'm super puffy. It's not really that bothersome, just strange. Mornings are definitely the worst, and also if I try to eat semi-solid foods.

Last night was actually a bit painful. There were a lot of nerve twinges and my jaw jumped around a couple times when I was laying on my side. I was a bit sore, but once I got some sleep it was all better again.

Being around friends again is some great medicine. Their questions and excitement really make me feel better about everything. They understand (usually) and accept when I can and can't do certain things, and are sympathetic to the fact that I can't eat a lot of things. I absolutely love them.

That's all I have to say for today. M's birthday was yesterday, so we're all just hanging out and celebrating life. Be well everyone!






1 comment:

  1. Nora,

    You are looking fantastic!! I am getting those twinges, too. If feels like someone is taking a thumbtack and pushing into my face! It is painful, yet I try to hold out hope that it's a sign of feeling returning.

    P.S. It's nice to hear that you have such great friends! It makes this healing thing that much easier.

    ReplyDelete