Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 57 - Autumn is Coming

Hello all. Day 57 came, cold and autumnal. I love it! Fall is here, fall is here! I just want to go on hayrides, eat donuts and carve pumpkins. Fall is like being a little kid again. It really is a beautiful time of year.

And with the new season my healing enters it's later stages. Now it's just a matter of waiting for all of the little things to settle themselves. I'm still hoping my nose gets a bit smaller. Right now the tip is so bulbous and my nose seems too wide for my face.

Swelling has gone down a bit more, and my upper lip is beginning to tingle ever so slightly. Something tells me my nerves are waking up. I hope so, because having sensation would be wonderful. I'm hoping that by Thanksgiving I feel more like the old me. It would be nice to have a day where I don't think about my face. All in good time, all in good time.

I'm still working on getting physical therapy set up, so there is no news on that front. I kind of want to see if I can get copies of my x-rays and pics to put up here on my blog. I'll look into it.

Be well everyone, and enjoy these last possibly warm days!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Nora, glad to hear you're stil continuing to recover well! You look really good! I wouldn't worry about your nose, it does look slightly wider than before surgery, but it doesn't look too wide for your face, and overall your surgery has definitely improved your appearance, so please don't think that this surgery has ruined anything about your appearance. I am worried about possible changes to my nose, but at the moment my nose is so thin that I don't think a bit of widening would necessarily be a bad thing! Also what is the therapy for? Is it to help with the nerves coming back to life? I've been wondering recently whether I should do something like that after surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,

    Thanks for the reassurance. This far out I'm feeling really good. I have no clue what I would have done in the first weeks without all of the other bloggers! As for the physical therapy I'll be going in order to get back some range of motion. When it comes to nerves I think the only things that are on my side are my surgeon's steady hand and old fashioned time. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete