Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 60 - Student Life

What a perfectly round number 60 is! Sixty days now in recovery from surgery. How is it possible that almost two months have gone by since this crazy process began?

Most of my time is spent being a student: attending lectures, reading textbooks, and writing papers. It's not exactly fun, but the structure that it gives my life is nice. I noticed after surgery that I did well when I was living each day by some sort of schedule for my medication and meals. The same seems to apply with other aspects of my life. While I love just relaxing and going with the flow, structure just makes me feel a whole lot better.

While being a full time student I still try to make sure I take care of my physical well being, too. I think I've been doing alright by myself with all of this, particularly now that I can eat again. My swelling seems to go down a little more every day. Today it wasn't too changed from yesterday, though. I'm also close to being able to open my mouth wide enough to insert two knuckles. Getting my mobility back is such a relief! I was afraid I'd be stuck with cutting up food super tiny forever, lol.

Here at day 60 I'm doing well, and that 2 month update video is looking like a real possibility. I feel bad that I didn't do videos every week, or at least at the one-month mark.


I hope that the rest of you have been having a good day, too. Until tomorrow!



1 comment:

  1. Nora,
    Congrats on making it to day 60!!! You are looking fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete