Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 53 - And So It Continues

It is now day 53 since double jaw surgery and I'm feeling pretty good.

Pain is something that doesn't register very often anymore. Every now and then I still get nerve twinges as the area from my nose to my chin is still coming back to life. For the most part pain is more soreness than stabbing. The soreness seems to be present only in my joints because they still get tired. Every once in a while my chin will be sore, too.

Numbness is pretty much concentrated on the area around my mouth between my nose and chin. My skin is almost back to having full sensation, but any deep tissue is a long way off. My gums and palate are still totally numb. It's very strange now. When I first came out of surgery I noticed the numbness quite a lot. It made my face feel like it was putty just stuck on my body. Granted it was even more numb then, but I now I can't tell if numbness is decreasing or if I'm just becoming accustomed to it. Ah well, as long as I don't dribble on myself I'm happy :)

At this point swelling changes are so small that I can't see anything worth mentioning. I know, these posts are getting so repetitive.

For those of you still following me - YOU ROCK! Trying to keep things interesting are tough this far out, lol. I do enjoy recording and tracking this process, though. Whenever I look at earlier posts I'm reminded how glad I am for keeping this blog.

I'm slowly getting back to eating normally, though I still do protein shakes for breakfast. Before surgery I never ate breakfast, but these breakfast shakes have converted me. It really gets me set for the day and I credit the truck loads of protein with my fast healing. This is one thing that is probably here to stay. Other than breakfast I'm getting back to eating solid food. I'm still cautious as I'm scared of messing things up by chewing things that are too tough. Crunchy things and super chewy things are still out, but  for the most part, everything goes. It is so strange to be able to eat like a normal person again!

My skin issues are now over. I'm still more oily than I was before surgery but all of the breakouts have healed and there are no new ones. Yay! My lips are still chapped though... Aquaphor and Chapstick are my best friends at the moment. As is my lavender heat pack. I love that thing!

There is some noticeable difference between my left and right jawline that I'm hoping is from swelling. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

I hope this post finds you all in a good place. Until next post!





No comments:

Post a Comment