Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 54 - Still Healing

Hello to everyone! Day 54 now, and I'm still healing.

Swelling isn't much changed today, but eating got a little easier. I managed to eat chicken nuggets by biting into them rather than ripping them apart. Very satisfying and tasty. I also got to enjoy a really nice day on campus. I'm trying to soak up as much nice weather as I can before the cold sets in. I'm glad I did all of this when it was still Summer! I think being cold on top of everything else would just make it worse.


I didn't get the opportunity to go set up an appointment today with the physical therapy people, so I'll be doing that tomorrow morning.

Today was another one of those days where I just felt so overwhelmingly happy that I had this surgery. It feels so good not to have that pain in my joints! I never thought I'd feel that again. This is amazing, and I won't soon forget it.

Pics are coming soon! Be well, everyone :)



2 comments:

  1. Nora, you look great! I'm so happy for you, especially about the pain. I can't even imagine what it's like to be pain free, I've lived with this for so long. When I get discouraged, it's helpful to remember the positive results others have had.

    Have fun at school!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nora!
    You look great!! I can so relate to the swelling going up and down...frustrating! I am glad to hear that you are seeing success with your surgery! I just got my splint out and hope to begin enjoying the "fruits of labor."

    Soak up that sun!!
    Cheers,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete