Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 59 - Relaxation

Hello fellow jaw bloggers! It has now been 59 days since surgery. It's absolutely insane how much time has passed, mind boggling actually.

My swelling is down a bit more today, and my friend excitedly pointed this out to me. Yay! I'm starting to feel more normal now, too, though my upper lip doesn't move quite right yet. Maybe I'll make a video on Thursday so you can see what I mean.

The cold days are having a rather interesting effect on me: whenever there is cold wind on my face, it feels like my nose is running. It's a little irksome, but nothing too bad. Things could always be worse.  :) I'm just glad that I'm getting back to normal more each day. The human body is really incredible. I cannot wrap my head around the things that it can endure.

Right now the hardest thing is getting used to my new face. It's still difficult to tell what is here to stay and what isn't. Finally having had this done, my mind is not where I thought it would be post op. I thought I'd instantly love the changes, and be able to forget what was. It's not like that at all. Some days I can't tell if I look bad or if I'm just not used to the "new face." By a year from now I'll know what is permanent and not a result of swelling. That gives me something to look forward too.

Sorry I don't have more fun stuff to tell everyone, but there's been a lot of other things going on with school back in session. Have a good one, everybody! :)



1 comment:

  1. You are just not used to the new face, because you look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete