Saturday, September 10, 2011

Day 51 - The Oddity Continues

Now 51 days have passed since surgery. Time just keeps on rolling by, while strange things happen to my face. I, for one, am astounded at how quickly my bones heal.

As today's post's title states - the oddity continues. Remember that changing and opening bite I mentioned for a couple weeks now? Well, it's closing! How in the name of all things holy does my bite change so quickly? I just don't understand. Dr A is going to be scratching his head at this one. At least the residents get a once-in-a-lifetime learning experience with my case, lol.

Swelling has gone down since yesterday, but no further than normal. I can't believe I'll still be puffy in some places for a year!

The pain in the right side persists, though since yesterday's injections the pain isn't as sharp. My gums are still torn up and puffy. I hope they go back to normal and I'm not left with the extra tissue; that makes yet another thing that I can track the healing on.

All in all I'd say that today has been another good one in my recovery. Now for some pictures!



1 comment: