Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 128 - Give Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you awesome people in blog land! Day 128 and it was Thanksgiving! I have an incredible amount of things to be thankful for! With all due credit to Dani for the idea, here is a list of 10 things am thankful for this year:

      1. My wonderful and loving family - they have supported me and encouraged me in all that I do.    For that I will always be thankful. I love you guys more than I can ever say.

      2. I am thankful for all of my friends. Without you my life wouldn't be nearly as exciting.

      3. The blessing that is my education at a top university. A great start for a better future.

      4. I am very thankful for the smooth healing and pain-free life. Life without pain is something I thought I would never have again.

      5. My ability to eat again. It really is something that far too many take for granted. I hope I never lose sight of how lucky I am.

      6. The totally, epically, scrumptiously fantastic Thanksgiving dinner that my family got to share today. Mom, you are awesome!

      7. As strange as it sounds I am thankful for my surgical experience. It's something I never thought I would be able to have, and it taught me so much about myself. I'm stronger for it, I have a better outlook on life, and it has given me the confidence to be the best me I can be.
      8. I am thankful for my adorable, sobberpus of a dog, Kahlua. She is by far the greatest doggie in the world and she makes me happy just looking at her. Her presence was such a comfort during those early weeks of my recovery.

      9. To shamelessly steal from Dani again; I am thankful for the blogging community. You guys are so amazing! Your experiences helped me so much and made things 10 billion times easier. You've all been kind and encouraging, and beyond helpful. I only hope that one day I can help someone as much as all of you have helped me.

      10. Last, but not least, I am thankful for the coming holiday season. It always brings me back to the best days of childhood, and warms me right to the heart. Everything from the snow and decorations to the family and even the church service make me feel happy.

Today I hardly thought of my jaw beyond the thought that I was happy to eat my dinner with a fork. That, and I ate a carrot! I had to nibble at it rather than chomp down, but a carrot is a carrot, and I'll take it.

My family came over and we shared a wonderful day together. It was really nice to have the house filled with relatives. Dinner was amazing, and the company was even better. This Thanksgiving was definitely a success. :)

I hope you have all had a great Thanksgiving. May we never lose sight of those things for which we are thankful.


Our small family <3

The four cousins

Silly videos

The little sisters :)

lovable slobberpus - Kahlua

No comments:

Post a Comment