Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 104 - An Uneventful Day

Hi there bloggers! It's day 104 and as the title says, it's been pretty uneventful. That's not to say that it's been a bad day - just a boring one.

My jaw and face have been feeling pretty good lately, and I've notice I'm less worried about bumping it. I still worry about blows to the chin, because they can still do some considerable damage, but the worry is no where near as distracting as it was for the first couple months after surgery. That's likely going to be the last thing to "heal" - the  constant worry of messing something up. All in good time I'm sure. My left joint still clicks when I relax sometimes, but it's not painful or annoying like the constant urge that I had before surgery. In summary things are very close to being totally healed, and I have nothing but good opinions about the surgery. I'm thankful for being pain free every day. I never would have though that I'd be able to have a "normal" jaw again, and here I sit after 104 days without a single grind or crunch. Hooray!

Despite being boring today was lovely. There was a break in the cold and I got to longboard around my campus. I'm improving and I don't worry about falling anymore when I'm just cruising. By the time the warm weather comes back, I should be a right pro!

I hope the rest of you are well! If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. :)



5 comments:

  1. You have come so far and I am amazed at how dedicated you are to this blog. It must be such a help to people. Congratulations on an amazing outcome. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your profile looks perfect! think we have a very similar face shape/profile. Do you feel your nose was slightly widened from the surgery or raised? I love my nose now in my side profile shots, but it definitely looks different and lightly 'flared' from a front on perspective, especially when I smile. Just wondering If you noticed any changes to your nose since surgery?

    Keep posting, it's so amazing to see the positive progress.Your doing really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Catherine! Congrats to you too, I can't believe how far we've come since surgery!

    Rihanna, I DO feel as though my nose has widened since surgery. There is actually a name for it "lefort face" which I hate, but it does mean that it's a common occurrence. The alar cinches that a lot of surgeons put in are supposed to help with it, but widening does still happen. My nose is also more turned up, which has accentuated a bump I didn't know I had. This doesn't bother me as much as the widening. Thankfully when I go in for scar revision, my surgeon is going to put in another 1 or 2 alar cinches to bring my nose back to "normal" width.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scar revision? I must have missed you talking about this in your posts.. What does that involve and when are getting that done? I don't even know if my surgeon used alar cinches. I do remember he said before surgery that it would slightly widen but I never really questioned 'how much' which I wished I had. My nose was already turned up before surgery and now even more. I show a lot more nostril from a front on perspective which I'm find really hard to get used to.
    That's such good news that he can bring your nose back to 'normal' width. I know it may sounds extreme, but I think somewhere down the road I would like to get a rinoplasty. The biggest issue I had with my appearance pre surgery was always my profile and my nose was part of that! Anyways that's my little rant! haha :)

    ReplyDelete