Thursday, December 29, 2011

Day 164 - Surgery Part II

Hello everyone. Tonight's is a very quick update.

I'm doing well and my jaw feels great. The muscle on my right is rather stiff again, but my exercises should help out with that.

In 7 hours I will be going in for more surgery. This time it will be to removed the bands of scar tissue from inside my mouth and revise the scar that has adhered to my muscle. I'm neither nervous nor excited. It's something that needs to be done and so I accept it for what it is.

Surgery won't last too long, I think only three hours. Even better is the fact that I won't be staying over night in the hospital. Thank goodness! My best friend went in for surgery herself today, though of a totally different kind, so we'll be hospital buddies. Best friends for years and now this - life is funny sometimes, but I'm glad for it in this case. Friends work wonders for healing :)

I hope you are all well and I promise to update you all as soon as I feel up to it.

6 comments:

  1. Nora, I will be thinking of you tomorrow! Good luck and I'm sure it will go smoothly as you're in great hands with your surgeon! How long will your recovery period last? It's cool you have a friend going through surgery at the same time! I'll check in with you this weekend. Get some rest :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Nora, hope it all goes well! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nora...Be blessed with a quick and full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best of luck to you, and a smooth recovery is my wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Nora!
    How are you? I've come back to your blog to find this post to comment on. I just wanted to find out the details of your second surgery- scar/muscle revision? I ask because I am still experience muscle sriffness in the right side of my face, particularly in the inside of my cheek and lower lip area! It just feels all tight and weighed down in comparison to the other side. It's almost as if my surgeon has sewn up the areas he cut too tightly so that area feels not as relaxed and more tight, especially when I talk. (If that makes sense) I know I also have some patches of numbness but not completely as I can still feel myself touch or pinch those affected areas, it's just more that its extremely tight. Was this anything like what you experienced and did your surgery help any of what I've described. I'm getting to the point where I'm so completely over it and want to find out what can be done to have that part of my face feel normal again!
    I hope your well :) x

    ReplyDelete