Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 136 - Sniffles and Wheezing

Hello all, it's day 136. Unfortunately I have a nasty cold, but I'm not letting it get me down. I had an early day, went to physical therapy, boarded around campus and went to the gym. A perfect Friday despite the sniffles and wheezing.

Physical therapy went really well. My therapist is happy with the progress I'm making with improving the deviation and with improving my mobility. She has even informed me that she will stop mobilization until after surgery. Because scar tissue is in the way, she doesn't want to over mobilize me to the point where there are problems when the scar tissue is removed and no longer hinders mobility. We can always do more mobilization, but we're stopping now just to be safe. It makes sense to me, and I appreciate the foresight.

My jaw felt really good, and I had no soreness during or after my therapy appointment, which is a first. Usually massaging the muscles in my face has an ouch factor, but not today. Even when it seems like I'm too far out to notice change, something improves that I didn't realize needed improving to prove me wrong. This process is just full of surprises.

Tomorrow I get to start my Christmas shopping. I love hunting down the right gifts for the ones I love and I'm looking forward to the rare mall excursion.

I hope you all are well. Keep those weather change flus and colds away! :)

3 comments: