Monday, December 12, 2011

Day 147 - Friends and Finals

Hello all, day 147 has come and gone. In true end of term fashion I've been hitting the books hard. Thankfully I have some wonderful friends as study buddies. It really is amazing how just studying with another person is enough to keep the stress away. Friends really are wonderful.

I had my last day of physical therapy until next year. My next appointment is scheduled for February 3, 2012. My therapist took some measurements to send Dr A a report of my progress and then gave me exercise and stretching techniques to do at home over break so that I don't lose any of the progress that I've made. Some of the things I've learned really are useful and worth maintaining. My posture has improved significantly which allows me to hold my jaw correctly. This prevents the muscles from getting too tense and helps combat TMJ issues. Physical therapy has been incredibly beneficial, and I'm thankful for what I've learned.

Things on the jaw front were just fine today. All in all things are great. No pain = the greatest thing in the world :)

There is one thing, though, which I think is worth mentioning to Dr A before surgery. On the right side of my jaw there is a bump on the bone. It's been there for a while, and it doesn't hurt, but as the swelling goes down it seems to be more pronounced. I don't see it being a problem, but I want to make sure that it really is a bone thing and not scar tissue or anything like that.

Be well, everyone and keep warm. The temperature's a-droppin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment