Wednesday, July 20, 2011

T-27 Hours...And I'm scared

Alright, the clock is counting down faster and faster. In about 24 hours I'll be waking myself up to get ready to go in for surgery.

So what's on the agenda for my last day with this bite? Later today I'll be going to the post office to get some passport stuff done. Funny how my "old" face will be on my passport for the next decade. After that is my friend V's birthday. I'll be joining her at a fancy restaurant to celebrate and then back to her place for ice cream cake (mmm...Fudgie the Whale...). Then it'll be off to sleep and surgery tomorrow!

Surgery is tomorrow - eek! I have to admit I'm really nervous. My biggest fear (aside from waking up) is that I will miss the "old me." I think of myself as beautiful. Though running across a candid shot of me from the side did help a little in reminding myself that this will all work out in the end. I can't pretend I'm not terrified. The butterflies are fluttering hard core. I have so many thoughts right now that I can't put into words - so many emotions. Happy and sad, excited and scared. The anticipation is quite hellish.

It's 4:27 am on the day before my surgery and I'm not afraid to tell the world that I'm scared. Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts. I'll update all of you when I'm out of surgery.

P.S. Cece has made it through! Way to go!!!

9 comments:

  1. It's perfectly normal to feel terrified, I know I will when I'm that close to surgery! But I'm sure everything will go fine. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nora!
    Keep the faith, my thoughts and prayers are with you!
    Keep us posted!!
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nora, Just know you have a whole group of us cheering for you!!! I will be sending good vibes to you and your surgical team! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you the very best, I'll be thinking of you. Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Nora! Sending prayers and the best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD LUCK NORA! Butterflies are normal, of course, and I know exactly how you feel about missing the 'old you' --- it does take getting used to but I know you will look absolutely gorgeous after surgery! Can't wait to hear from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your encouragement and comfort right now. It truly means a lot to me. I'm trying to post a pre-op video. After that my next post will be when I'm out of surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nora,

    Hope all is well with you and your surgery/recovery. I'm sure things will turn out wonderfully. I'm excited for you, and praying for the very best. Can't wait to hear from you from the other side. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending you courage and hugs. Very best to you dear one!!

    ReplyDelete