Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Before" Pics

 So here are some before pics. I'm sorry that they don't show what is going on very well, but I had to take them myself with my webcam. I'll try to get some better ones up as soon as I find someone who would like to help me take pics for this whole process. But for now here they are:

Front Relaxed

Front Smile  
Left Relaxed

Left Smile

Right Relaxed

Right Smile



These pictures really don't show it well but my lower jaw is quite far back which, when my face is relaxed causes some problems. The corners of my mouth turn down, making me look mean and angry. A friend of mine once told me that had I not approached her she would never have spoken to me. My face when relaxed looked so hard and angry that I intimidated her! And she was a full foot taller than me... The recessed jaw has also left me with almost no chin. As you can see from the head-on smile shot, I also have a very gummy smile. Again, these pictures are really poor quality. I'm going to try and see if I can get better ones so that I can show you guys exactly what's going on.

11 comments:

  1. Keep us posted! You are going to look fabulous!!!

    BTW - love your Hello Kitty wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love your room! So cute!
    Thanks for the 'before' pics! Surgery is so soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be so glad that you did this. Your surgery is sneaking upon you!!
    Only a few days before your total transformation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. u will be so happy after surgery trust take lots of pics before and after surgery

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'm very excited. It still doesn't feel real, so whenever people ask me how I feel about the procedure I just say, "Honestly, I don't know. And I know that's unsatisfying but it's the truth."

    Thanks Jen and Dani :) My room is like my own private world within my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nora!
    Great pictures, and I too like your room...cool picture on the wall! My surgery is coming up real soon too..I see my surgeon next wednesday.

    Keep the faith!
    Cheers,
    Brent

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Brent! Do you know when your surgery is yet? I know that you, too have been dealing with the "ok this month" thing since May, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nora, thanks for following my blog. Blogger finally let me see my followers so I could see who my new followers were and have a look at your blog. I will follow yours when I've written this! From looking at your photos I'd say me and you have a very similar facial structure, and I imagine that our surgery will be very similar. Like you said about the expression your jaws give you, I seem to have a naturally moany looking face because of my jaw. It drives me mad when people come up to me and go 'Cheer up', I'm like 'That's just my face' haha x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I know how you feel Sarah. It can be frustrating, particularly coming from your own family. Looking at your side-view pic I would agree that we have similar structure and problems. Do you have any idea as to the exact procedure in your case? I'd be interested in seeing how they compare.

    P.S. Thanks for following! I hope this blog helps you out :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. As far as I know I'll be having my lower jaw advanced forward, and my top jaw moved up slightly to get rid of the gummyness. Thanks for clearing that up about the effect on your nose in your other post, I don't think I'll be having my top jaw advanced. But so far I've only seen the surgeon once, and he didnt even mention my top jaw, but my ortho keeps saying that she thinks I'll need it done.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well whatever happens with your surgery, Sarah, I'm sure that your surgeon will take the best course of action. Everything will go great!

    ReplyDelete