Monday, July 25, 2011

PICS! Days 1-4 (kinda)

Profile shot from the night before surgery. I have tried to rotate the following images but blogger is being dumb and not letting me.

Waiting for surgery. I was less scared than I thought

Day 3 - still in ICU

Check out the new profile - and snazzy bandage!


With Daddy, finally out of bed in ICU

Before going off to Children's. Still Day 3

This little guys was The Green Lantern. AKA my best friend. I got to push the little button whenever it turned green and BOOM! No more ouch. I was sad when they took him away.

Day 3, Childrens - bandage is off :)

Profile...sort of

Left Side

Right Side

Smiling?! You bet!




Ewie

Day 4

Day 4   


Ok these pain meds are making me dumb and lazy right now. I'll be updating some more when I remember.

P.S. The surgeons had me take out  my industrial bar and second earrings. They were too fresh to handle being left closed like that. 70 bucks? Gooooone! Now I have to get them re-done. And let me tell you - that industrial bar is a real pain-in-the-tush to heal!


















11 comments:

  1. ur profile is started to look great already stay strong

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh your new profile looks sooo good!! How are you finding the healing process compared to what you would have expected. Hope you continue to heal well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terra, call me naïve but the healing is worse than I expected. Right now it isn't so much pain as it is swelling. The pressure is just awful. I'm also just really sick of the the drippy nose and the medicine. I can't stress enough how bad they taste. It would be better if they didn't try to flavor them. Right now I'm waiting to turn that corner where I just feel less gross and can eat something other than chicken broth without feeling gross. One day at a time I guess. Don't let me be a negative nancy and talk you out of this. Just know that all of the reading in the world still may not get you ready for how it feels. Pain you can control but not all of the yucky stuff that it comes with. My advice is get out of the hospital and get a shower asap. You'll feel better for it

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Nora you look amazing!!! Your profile is so beautiful! Btw, where was the pic pre-surgery taken? I love the backdrop!

    Get some rest! Can't wait to keep up with your recovery!!

    xo,
    tara

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fantastic! Can't wait to read more. Keep well x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for the encouragement. Just woke up about 15 minutes ago so we'll see what today is like.

    And Tara, the pic was taken at Shadow's on the Hudson River. I live pretty close to the river so this pretty view is in my own back yard basically. It was my friend's birthday so my "last meal" was an excellent steak and ice-cream cake combo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're looking suprisngly unswollen, and I can already see you're going to have a huge improvement in your profile! Well done for getting through surgery and I hope you recover well and quickly! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your profile really looks fantastic, swelling and all!! Are you wired shut now?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ps kudos for all the smiles!!! the most cheery post oppix I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I FEEL YOU on them removing your piercings! I managed to get my tongue ring, tragus ring, and helix ring back in, but because I couldn't close them properly, my helix ring fell out when I was sleeping and I couldn't ever get it back in. So frustrating! You are looking fabulous by the way! I can't believe you were SMILING already! I didn't smile for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My surgeon did a really awesome job when it came to my nerves. Almost zero damage. Upshot of that is I can smile and feel what's going on. The downside is I can feel the soreness and the chapped lips, that part isn't so hot. I was glad I could smile though. I smile a lot, so I wouldn't be me without a silly grin on my face.

    ReplyDelete